Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Back Into The Swing of Things

A few weeks have past since my last update so thought I would give a bit of an update. Trainings been slowly progressing. I’ve been mainly working on my swimming these last few weeks knowing thats the thing I have to work on the most. I’m happy with how I’m progressing at this time, distance is going up and times are slowly coming down with the biggest improvement being that I’m getting more comfortable in the water. I'm not so worried about drowning anymore. These gains have come at a bit of a cost. Fatigue levels at the moment are fairly high and are effecting other sessions on land. At the moment I’m not to concerned as I know what i need to get down and how long it takes to get it done on land. Another thing behind the fatigue and the main reason for suffering with other training has been some changes to my diet that I haven’t quite got right. Diet changes being introduced are aimed at improving my fuel economy. I’ve eating very similar to this way before a few years back with a fair bit of success but this was when I was just a cyclist. I’ve got it dialed for one afternoon session a day during the week. Now that I’m swimming in the morning and then training again in the afternoon and my upper body muscles are currently inefficient which make both fuel volume and timing critical. This is the thing I need to work on and am slowly getting it to where in needs to be.

I'm just putting the finish touches on my program up to Ironman Melbourne and will update my race schedule when finalized as well as updating the rest of my pages. From Thursday I become a slave to the wind trainer and treadmill for a week thanks to having to be “on call” for work. Pretty much a week of waiting 24/7 for my phone to go off and head back off to work.

Until next time
Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment