Thursday, August 7, 2014

Long Time Between Drinks

Its been around 6 months since I’ve last updated on here and a few things have changed. February and March consisted of very little training once again due to work load. Nothing I could do about it except just re look at the plans and change it up to make things work. End result, going back to cycling was going to be unrealistic. I was already facing a large enough battle to get my cycling back to where it needed to be and another 8-10 weeks of hit and miss training was just not going to cut it.

So moving on its back to focusing on triathlon once again. First race back will be the GDF SUEZ Hazelwood 100 run by the Latrobe Valley Tri Club. As I’ve said before I’m a big fan of local run “grassroots” races so am looking forward to getting down there and having a race. Then most likely Murray Man will follow later on in the year leading into my goal race for this build, Ironman Western Australia. Have had my eyes on this race for a few years now, so after talking with Xavier we decided to give it a crack this year and get a IM under my belt.

On the training front things have been going pretty well. Other than missing a week training due to sickness and a small shoulder issues that stopped me doing any stroke work for a few weeks, I have managed to get some solid constant training in since easter. Fairly happy about how things are progressing and think I’m a little further ahead than I thought I would be at this stage. I’m even enjoying swimming at the moment, to the extent that when I wasn't able to do any stroke work I racked up around 10km of kick only sets. It hasn't all been highs. There has been a few bad habits creep back into my training which I’m looking to stamp back out quickly.

Now that there is a few races coming up, I’ll be updating things here a little more regularly

Until next time

Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment