Thursday, March 21, 2013

Time To Go Race!!!

Well the Ironman circus has hit the town. Its now 3 sleeps till race day and that means one thing, I’ve got more energy than I know what to do with thanks to taping for the last 10 or so days. The body is starting to come good and I’m as ready as I can be to step into the unknown for me.

Since Geelong Ive been able to string together a fairly solid block of training. Things haven’t always gone to plan or been the greatest block but its been honest. I’ve blown up on many occasions for a number of different reasons but every time its happened I’ve looked at why/how it happened and made changes to try stop it happen again. I have to give a big thanks Xavier Coppock, Ben Hughes, Ben Robinson, Kane Roach, Adam McCarthy, Adrian Brunato, Clayton Stairmand, Damo Harris, Jerome Peyton, Tom and anyone else who I have been able to train with in the lead up to this race. I have to give an even bigger thanks to Xavier for helping me keep on track and passing on some of his endless knowledge.

I have had a few different goals I have wanted to get through this experience. Some I will not know if I have achieved till after I cross the finish line but there are a few I have already achieved. The big one is that I’ve continued to learn and gain more experience in how I need to train and prepare for Long distance multi sport races. the first one is that I’ve been able to maintain some type of fitness and focus in my training so I’m in a good position to start my prep for Powerman Zofingen. 

Moving forward after Ironman Melbourne, theres a few different things that I’m starting to work on and plan which I’ll explain more after the dust has settled from Melbourne and things are finalized.

Finally Good luck to all the athletes racing IM Melbourne.

Until after race day
Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment