Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quick(ish) Update

Its been a while since I’ve updated here so time for a quick update. Been plenty of training done and a few test “events” thrown in for good measure.

Its now about 3 and a half weeks from Powerman Zofingen and all things are going well. Everything a slowly falling into place nicely. Trainings been nothing ground braking or radical just solid, honest and hard work. There has been plenty of great sessions, and there has been just as many bad but still meaningful sessions. Add to that a few big multi day blocks and you have my race build. Just been a matter of taking each session as it comes and get the job done as best as I can, something I let get to me mentally in the past.

I made a big commitment with myself when I first moved to being coached by Xavier to change my attitude towards training mentality and the way I would race. This change hasn’t come overnight and is still not quite 100% there in the execution but i’m getting close. It all came about with a few different chats with X about where I was and what he saw. Having that input from someone external made the choice that much easier to make the change by having the emotion taken out of it. I really feel this is starting to pay off for me.

Well still around 2 more weeks to tick off the final few boxes in this build till its taper time.

Until next time
Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment