Saturday, August 31, 2013

Zurich Day 2

Its now the start of my second full day here in Switzerland. Body clock has now adjusted enough to the time differences. Was able to sleep till just after 5 this morning which I’m happy with as its the time I have to be up by on race day. Just little things like that can make race day that little more comfortable to manage.

Yesterday was my first session here, a nice easy run through the old town of Zurich and then around the lake on part of the Ironman Zurich run course. Clocked up 12km total with a 2km effort in there just to open up the legs and to help them remember how to run fast. This is the  longest run I will do until I toe the start line in Zofingen. Went out mid arvo which meant it was fairly warm compared to what I’ve been training in. It was around 23-24 degrees with the sun out which was ideal. Did this just to help with some of the adaptions to the slightly warmer weather here. Below are some pics of the views that I had to deal with.












Today is my last “big” day training with a nice leisurely ride around Lake Zurich on the cards with a few little efforts thrown in to keep the legs awake. For tomorrows blog I’ve got a bit of a different idea compared to my regular updates so will be interesting to see how it plans out.

Until next time
Hopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment